Re: gnome-shell and sqlite

Maybe this helps you http://developer.gnome.org/gnome-devel-demos/unstable/record-collection.js.html.en

I know that you can write to files. I write to a json file in one of my extension

Am 11.11.2011 19:09 schrieb "Alexandre Mazari" <scaroo gmail com>:
On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 6:51 PM, Yunier Soler Franco <ysoler uci cu> wrote:
> I'm building a gnome-shell-extension to add a search provider to the
> overview that works with queries to a sqlite database

I guess you need a gobject-introspected bridge to sqlite that can be
used within g-s _javascript_ context.
Google returns the sqlheavy project  at http://code.google.com/p/sqlheavy/

OT:
It makes me wonder if there is a way to declare gir namespace
dependencies in an extension manifest.
A security layer could be build around it to control lower-level
access by applying defined policies.
Furthermore, g-s might be clever and ask PackageKit to install a
missing library and/or its introspection data required by an
extension.

Seed and Gjs could also benefits from such model, I guess. Compatible.

> El vie, 11-11-2011 a las 18:25 +0100, Milan Bouchet-Valat escribió:
>> Le vendredi 11 novembre 2011 à 13:15 -0400, Yunier Soler Franco a
>> écrit :
>> > I need some help about work with sqlite database from gnome-shell.
>> What are you talking about? There are no SQLite databases in
>> gnome-shell.
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> Fin a la injusticia, LIBERTAD AHORA A NUESTROS CINCO COMPATRIOTAS QUE SE ENCUENTRAN INJUSTAMENTE EN PRISIONES DE LOS EEUU!
>> http://www.antiterroristas.cu
>> http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com
>

> Fin a la injusticia, LIBERTAD AHORA A NUESTROS CINCO COMPATRIOTAS QUE SE ENCUENTRAN INJUSTAMENTE EN PRISIONES DE LOS EEUU!
> http://www.antiterroristas.cu
> http://justiciaparaloscinco.wordpress.com

"If you open your mind too much, you brain will fall out"
Tim Minchin