signal/noise ratio of the list [was Re: gnome-shell-list Digest, Vol 31, Issue 122]

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 4:36 PM, Brian Baker <brian m baker gmail com> wrote:
> I must admit I am fed up with reading about power off suspend etc. The thing
> with Linux is choice, there is always choice! just as some enterprising
> person created an extension that allows the possibility to shutdown the
> computer! If you choose use it! Google is such a great tool you can find out
> so much with just a few clicks. Just as you can choose to use gnome-shell or
> not! Having to Wade through a mailing list of useless rants to find useful
> information totally defeats its purpose! If you want to complain or are
> unhappy then do something like educate yourself and choose something that
> you will be happy with there are many flavours and options in the Linux
> community because everyone has different needs and wants. But please find a
> forum start a thread and do your unconstructive complaining elsewhere!!!

I jokingly told someone Thursday that the list should be read-only or
moderated unless you have demonstrated that you're a useful
contributor by having more than a certain # of bugzilla points.
Couldn't hurt to try, since it is clear that, at this signal/noise
ratio, paying attention to this list and doing productive work are
very nearly incompatible.

Luis