Color coding in gnome-shell

Hi gnome-shell list,

I've been using gnome-shell now for a few weeks and I am very happy
with it. It provides a very fluid workflow! Great work!

There is only one thing, however, that I think could be improved and I
would like to hear you guy's opinion on it. Here's the problem:

Whenever I have more than 6 windows open and most of them are Firefox
windows with a white background it's very difficult to easily spot the
window I am looking for when I'm in the activities view. And it
doesn't even have to be only Firefox windows, even my Eclipse window
with its white background is hard to find too. So I spend a lot of
time searching for windows.

One thing I noted though, whenever I look for my gedit window, I can
easily spot it. It's because it has a blue background.

So I was wondering if it would be a good idea to introduce some color
coding in gnome-shell, similar to those Firefox tab extensions that
color the tabs in different colors. That would mean, when in the
activities view, every zoomed-out window is overlaid with a color, or
there could be colored colored bar next to the zoomed-out window, so
it's immediately recognizable. I think it's not necessary that the
color mapping is permanent across different login session, I think it
would be enough if the mapping is fixed for a one session.

I know, it might not be the prettiest solution, but maybe it would
help improve workflow efficiency.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Any comments on this idea, pros/cons?

Thanks,
Peter