Re: Sending notification

> What do you mean?
>
> From an extension:
> For short lived message, use
> let source = new MessageTray.SystemNotificationSource();
> let notification = new MessageTray.Notification(source, "Title",
> "Content", { body: "Additional content that won't be shown in the
> banner" });
> source.notify(notification);
> For anything else, and in particular for things that should be
> associated with objects (apps, people, folders, tasks...), write your
> own Source class.
> You find extensive docs in js/ui/messageTray.js, and examples in
> NotificationDaemon, TelepathyClient and some extensions. It is extremely
> flexible (in the end you can just replace the whole contents of the
> notification and have your own widgets) and should be enough for
> anybody.

This was what I meant, the application part I knew it
I tried this way but I wan't able to let the notification source
resident, until the user click on it.
I was even using the resident hint, anyway I'll try it again, I'll let
u know if anything else

BTW this should go into some tutorial or developer's preview of
gnome-shell or something like that

Erick
Thxs, really thxs for quick, super quick reponse

> PS: if you're an app, and want a quick and dirty method for sending
> complex notifications, without an extension, you can inject JS code with
> org.gnome.Shell.Evaluate(s) -> (b, s) on /org/gnome/Shell at
> org.gnome.Shell.

This sound hackish

--
El derecho de expresar nuestros pensamientos tiene algún significado
tan sólo si somos capaces de tener pensamientos propios.