Re: New Topic: fallback desktop

Le dimanche 22 mai 2011 à 15:03 +0800, lofton alley a écrit :
> Why bring this up? Well
> 1)  Fedora 15 fails to run on my machine (4 year old core 2 duo with
> nVidia GPU and 8GB of DDR2 RAM): The gnome shell fails to load,
> apparently an X problem
No need to draw general conclusions from that: please just file a bug.
You know, the Shell isn't supposed to crash in the first place, so don't
assume what you see is what should happen for every Fedora 15
user... ;-)

If ABRT doesn't report a bug automatically when the Shell or X crashes,
please follow instructions from here:
https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Debugging

We probably need the version and the name of the video driver you're
using.

And don't hesitate to ask for help on #gnome-shell or on the bug report.

Cheers