Re: We want task bar back. Pretty please.

On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 09:01 -0700, Micah Carrick wrote:
> I too was put off by this initially.  But, as was mentioned. give it a
> try and you may find you don't need it.

+1  I'm just completing my first week using GNOME3 full-time.  I've
always had a task-bar;  I assumed having a task bar was *obvious*.  But
after a week on GNOME3... I don't care.

Assigning a hot key for the activity view helps [I mapped Windows+Space,
like GNOME-Do used to use] then if I need to I can pop in an out of that
view without using the odd [I still find it odd] gesture/position
scheme.