Re: Designing "Finding and Reminding"

Le jeudi 05 mai 2011 à 08:43 +1200, John Stowers a écrit :
> I strongly disagree and would very much like a journal view. I often
> need to find what I did on a specific day. For example, just this week I
> have performed the following
>
> * where did I put those files I was given during a meeting last week
> (found meeting date on calender, searched for files created on this day)
> * give me all the PDFs that I read in the week leading up to X. X was a
> paper deadline, and I needed to check I had referenced all the material
> I had read.
While I think a journal is an option worth considering, the question is
not: can a journal be useful? It is rather: should it be the preferred
way to access documents?

These two questions are quite different: if we find a journal is very
useful, but only in some cases, then it can stay a separate application,
or appear as a Nautilus place or something.

AIUI, the goal with Finding and Reminding is to provide somebody that
would as much as possible make it unnecessary to use traditional file
hierarchies. That's really ambitious! ;-)

Cheers