Re: Feedback

On Sat, 2011-04-30 at 09:40 -0400, Jasper St. Pierre wrote:

> It should only be a default if we detect you computer can support it.
>
> Can you give us some hardware details, and try:
>
>   pm-utils --suspend && echo "Supported" || echo "Not supported"
>
> in a terminal?

I hope you realize this is an extremely inaccurate test; there are many
many motherboards out there whose BIOSes claim suspend support, but for
which suspend in Linux simply does not work. Testing for support
reported (or not) by the BIOS is never going to get close to catching
all potential failure cases.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey