Re: Unity feature I'd like to see in Gnome-Shell

On Mon, May 2, 2011 at 13:04, G. Michael Carter <mikey carterfamily ca> wrote:
One feature I really like is the application menu is in the top bar.  (ie: the File   Edit   View   Go   Bookmarks   Help)

As implemented in Ayatana, it's broken and a usability regression.

Can we do that in the application thing right beside the Activities?   or is this something planned already?

Yes, it's on the roadmap. Application-level actions, like New Window, Open File, Help, and Quit will be added to the menu that drops down from the application icon. This will be enabled by a new API in GTK+, directly, so that applications can optionally choose to use it without having to remove their existing menu systems.