Gnote

Last I looked Gnote was part of the gnome suite.   Is there any plans to make it more Gnome-Shell friendly?   I've always used Gnote as a quick way to write things down or keep references (like commands for LVM, or things like that)

In Gnome-Shell it's not as easy to access as it used to be.  You have to wait for the message tray un-hide, then move over to the icon while everything is shifting around, then click the icon to get the list.   I find it always takes me a few seconds just to get visually orientated before the icon is useful.  (not to mention the preciousness you need to hit the icon with.  Frequently I find my self chasing the icon around)

I'd like to recommend this icon for the top bar, as I see it needing the same level of visibility that the calendar under the clock would need.

Just my thought.  It's not like gnote is not usable, just after 2 months of using Gnome-Shell, I still find it awkward.