Re: RFC: compat list

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 11:41 PM, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-05-01 at 14:31 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
>> Hi Sergey,
>> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Sergey Udaltsov <svu gnome org> wrote:
>> > Would it make sense to consolidate all HW+GL-related information
>> > (requirements) on a single page on live.gnome.org? Minimal list of
>> > extensions, hints ("do not use this driver, do not use those chips,
>> > etc")
>> I think we really do need a high level description of the current
>> state somewhere, yes.
>> My understanding is roughly at least for Intel "any card ≥ i915/945",
>> though i915 is about the very minimum.  We do need to get recent data
>> about ATI and NVIDIA; can anyone help fill in?
>
> My "nVidia Corporation GT216 [GeForce GT 230M] (rev a2)" seems to be
> working very well; no issues and performance is very good.
>
> Display is totally frack'd on resume [from suspend or hibernate].  But I
> believe that is just an issue with suspend/resume not working with GNOME
> 3 in general(?).

It's not a general problem with Gnome 3. Hibernate and suspend both
work correctly here (though I could do without briefly seeing a
console screen during the process) and shell is snappy, with no
visible rendering artefacts of any kind:

- up-to-date F15 Beta
- GPU: nVidia 9800GT
- nouveau drivers

A few days ago I tried a multihead setup. Gnome shell worked
perfectly, though the resolutions for the second monitor and the
inital GDM screen were not picked up correctly by X.

--
    Elia