Re: Shelling Epiphany

Hi Luke,

Thanks for your feedback.

> I'm not a shell designer but for what it's worth, Windows 7 does
> something like this with IE and it's awful. It's impossible to
> distinguish between different windows and different tabs and as soon as
> you get a few sites open (7 or more in my case) the thumbnails start to
> all look the same.
>
> A possible solution for the thumbnails is to crop and scale a portion of
> the window contents (probably the top left quadrant) so a snippet of the
> sites content is more easily recognisable--the same way you'd crop and
> scale a photo to just a headshot if you needed a postage-stamp size
> representation for Gravatar for example.

Great great idea indeed. That would indeed be better that blurry white
pages or favicons (they'd be useless in the case of multiple
tabs/windows on the same site).
I hope the design team will consider such (appealing to a mere dev)
idea :)

> But that doesn't address the window/site separation and nesting a third
> level of alt + tab seems messy to me.

I am of the opinion that flat list is preferable to nesting by window
and/or site. But again, not my call.