Just another Feedback Post

Dear Gnome Shell Team!

I started trying out gnome-shell via jhbuild the day before yesterday
and I am deeply impressed! Well done!

The things I like most are the new automatic workspace management, the
notification system, the maximize (half) function per DnD, single
instances per default and a few more features. :)

Even going through the activities overview when switching windows starts
to makes sense now. First I liked it, then on the next day I was a bit
annoyed, but now I think I have already adapted to the less distracting
working habit. Hopefully the new notification system will finally bring
the remaining constant window switching habit to an end once the
applications are starting to use it.

So, and here comes the list of things I don't currently like:

(1) Currently the most annoying thing is when I try to click on an Icon
in the bottom notification bar. Let's say "Banshee". Whenever my mouse
pointer reaches the icon, the icon moves away and the title of the
Application (in that case "Banshee") appears beside it. Unfortunately, I
can't simply click on the text (that took me some time to find out, first
I just thought the system isn't always reacting), so I have to start
chasing the small icon... Please change that :)

(2) When I click to adjust the volume bar in the system panel, the audio
"bubble" stays open, so I can re-adjust it and so on, which is good. But
when I click on "Bluetooth on/off" the bubble closes immediately, so I
can't see the button toggling its state (Have i hit the correct entry?)
and I can't change additional options like "Bluetooth Visibility on/off".
Imho all those "bubbles" should stay open until I click somewhere else.

(3) Pressing Strg+Alt+Tab in the overview to gain keyboard support is not
very intuitive and the combination is hard to type.

(4) Switching open windows by name (by hitting <Super_L>, typing
"Terminal" or "Chrome" and pressing <Enter>) is nearly unusable on my
small Eee (Atom CPU) since the search feature takes quite long to react,
blocking the whole workflow.

(5) The fonts in the shell theme are far too big. I've changed the font
settings on my Eee to 78 dpi, but the shell fonts aren't affected so they
are now twice as big (felt sense) as the application fonts. There is
already a bug report with patches, so please integrate it.

(6) The gnome-terminal (and maybe other transparent windows) has only an
transparent background when its fully maximized and a solid one when it's
in normal mode or maximized to only one half of the screen. Bug or
intention?

So, that's all. Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Christoph