Re: Activity Bar Panel Provides Little Utility, Takes Up Space, And is Distracting

Hi

Fair enough. But do we, or users, spend a significant portion of our
desktop activity staring at the clock? Isn't the clock in many cases a
distraction when we need to get work done?
Actually Much less of a distraction/waste than having my name, a network status as I am on a static IP Lan and a volume button as I have no speaker plugged in my PC.
Moreover, needing an action to check the time would change the time spent from a blink of an eye to a few seconds.

Actually, I even used to display the time of my next bus in the status area (until it was not compatible anymore with the shell and did not spend time to fix this).

Cheers,
Thomas