Gnome3 fallback mode and application launchers.

Hi,
I have a laptop on which I have fedora 15. This laptop is not strong,
so I prefer having gnome-3 fallback mode on it.
I tried to create an application launcher on the desktop.
when I click the right button, when the mouse is on the desktop,
nothing happens.
With Fedora 14, this opened the "create launcher" dialog.
Moreover, I can add an application launcher to the panel (by Alt/right
click and then "Add to panel"). But I cannot
add the application launcher I created to the desktop.

Any ideas?

rgs,
Kevin