gnome-shell extension to switch workspaces with a click

Hi all,
I was wondering of there is an extension that permits to switch to the
above/below workspace with a click. For example, the dock extension
could include two buttons, one at its top and the other at its bottom,
that sends to the previous or next workspace (respectively).

I'm asking this because I'm using Gnome on my tablet, and when I have
no keyboard plugged in I have to go through 3 "clicks" in order to
change workspace: click on "Activities", click on the right bar, click
on the desired workspace. Since I rarely use more than two or three
workspaces on the tablet, a fast switch would be appreciated (I tried to
do it myself but I'm afraid Gnome 5 would get released before I can sort
it out :)

Any plan to implement this?

Thanks, bye.

Giacomo