Re: Weekly Work Summary- Week 8

2011/7/16 Nohemi Fernandez <nohemifdz gmail com>
Nope I didn't, but that would've been easy to remedy. Here's a snippet of the call to listen to the "showing" signal:

    Main.overview.connect('showing', Lang.bind(this, function () {
            this._trayButton.add_style_pseudo_class('grayed');
        }));

This code looks fine, the only problem I see (in the master branch on github) is a missing

.keyboard-key:grayed {
    color: #bbb; /* or something */
}

in data/theme/gnome-shell.css. There is an appropriate style in the gray-out branch, which should work, though possibly not as expected:

.keyboard-key:grayed {
    background: black;
}

is a shortcut for 'background-color: black;', which is a synonym for 'background-gradient-start: black;' if 'background-gradient-direction' is not 'none'. The latter is the case, as the style in .keyboard-key is still relevant.(*)

Is that the problem?

Florian

(*) Yes, it's completely non-obvious and horribly confusing, and has bitten more than one developer and about every single designer working on the shell ...