Note of appreciation

As much as I abhor certain aspects of Gnome 3, and as much as it is killing my ability to accomplish certain tasks in the way in which I became accustomed over the years, I applaud many on the team in holding their tongue in the face of significant abuse. On other projects, I have seen users go rabid over changes that seemed to be small (like change in icon color). They claimed over-whelming support for their point of view based on what seemed to be small numbers to me. Everyone has a "pet complaint", it is a mistake to assume that all others agree with what annoys you.

I was very intentional when I joined the list and posted my questions to not be confrontational. I have watched many on the team meet confrontation head on with polite dignity. Consider the following response: