Re: System Settings

But I think that the status quo will lead to more clutter, which the removal of was part of the goal in Gnome 3.  If an extension is doing something that is system wide, which I believe that setting the background or the theme is, then it should be the system settings.  I am sure that there are other extensions that should not be putting their settings in the system settings, but then maybe we should provide them with an appropriate space to put these, the overview does not seem the correct place.

~Lucas David-Roesler

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 9:36 AM, Lucas David-Roesler
<roesler lucas gmail com> wrote:
> Is there any plan to make the settings panel extendable, especially by
> extensions?  I understand the desire to keep some control over what is in
> the system settings, but if the result is a bunch of extensions that add
> settings tabs to the overview, the control over the settings panel becomes
> counter productive.

The fact that extension authors are itching to dump their preferences
into the control center is actually a good argument for keeping that
door locked.