Re: Remember window states

On Fri, 2011-07-01 at 17:29 -0300, Tomas Sironi wrote:
> Hi people. Is there a way to make gnome-shell remember the last window
> state? For example, if I open the terminal, maximize it and then close
> it, i would want that application to be maximized the next time i open
> it. Instead, the terminal opens unmaximized again.

Yeah, it seems to have regressed quite badly from GNOME 2 in this,
actually. GNOME 2 would remember most of my window sizes / positions
across two displays - it only got Firefox wrong (it'd usually be on the
wrong display). Shell gets just about everything wrong. I usually have
full-screen Evolution and gedit windows on the left hand screen,
full-screen Firefox on the right, and a full-width but only 80 lines
high terminal on the right. Shell remembers which windows are maximized
but not which head they were on, and opens the terminal at 80x24, in the
wrong place.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey