Ability to preview windows across all workspaces ?

Hi,
Since there is no tiled view in gnome-shell, will  there be any means of previewing all windows across all workspace on a same level ?
By same level I mean same thumbnail size for hidden workspaces.

I use workspaces a lot, but their organization can vary. When I was using compiz and the (I think) "place" plugins, with one mouse gesture/keyboard combination I was able to see all my windows, using _the whole screen area_. I really lack this at the moment.

Cheers,
Thomas