Re: gnome shell not working

On 01/08/2011 01:42 PM, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
Le samedi 08 janvier 2011 à 14:14 +0200, michel onwordi a écrit :
Thanks it worked , gnome-shell is really slow on my machine. the
animations arent smooth. Is there anything else i need to do?
Depending on your graphic card, updating to very recent drivers can
help. For example, in Ubuntu, using X development packages from
xorg-edgers really improves things.

Else you can also wait for new distributions to be released with GNOME
3.0 an possibly better drivers.

... and how do you suggest Fedora users should approach the situation? I'm on F14 and I have complained about this issue before. Specs: Dell Precision M6300, 2.4Ghz Core2 Duo, with nvidia Quadro FX 1600M (256MB RAM ... discrete 512MB).