Re: Gnome Shell Issues - Frequent Crashing

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 12:30 PM,  <cjac76 comcast net> wrote:
> I am very excited about the upcoming changes with gnome 3. I have been using
> Ubuntu since 7.04. I had been using the version of gnome-shell from the
> ubuntu repository that is really outdated. I compiled the latest version
> yesterday with jh build and got it running after removing canberra.gtk. I am
> really happy with the way things are progressing, but it seems to crash a
> lot.

Is it crashing at startup, or only after some time?

Below is my terminal output when I start gnome-shell. Can anyone help
> me with the error messages?
>
> Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
> Window manager warning: Log level 16: Accessibility: org.a11y.atspi schema
> not found. Are you sure that at-spi or at-spi2 is installed on your system?
> Window manager warning: Log level 16: Accessibility: invalid module path
> (NULL)
> Window manager warning: Log level 16: Accessibility: error loading the
> atk-bridge. Although the accessibility on the system is enabled and clutter
> accessibility is also enabled, accessibility support on GNOME Shell will not
> work
>
> (mutter:8714): libecal-WARNING **: Cannot get cal from factory: No backend
> factory for 'local' of 'VTODO'
>
> (mutter:8714): CalendarClient-WARNING **: Could not load source 'Personal'
> from 'system'

None of these should be fatal errors.

> (mutter:8714): Bluetooth-DEBUG: adding killswitch idx 2 state
> KILLSWITCH_STATE_SOFT_BLOCKED
> (mutter:8714): Bluetooth-DEBUG: killswitch 2 is
> KILLSWITCH_STATE_SOFT_BLOCKED
> (mutter:8714): Bluetooth-DEBUG: killswitches state
> KILLSWITCH_STATE_SOFT_BLOCKED
> (mutter:8714): Bluetooth-DEBUG: killswitch 2 is
> KILLSWITCH_STATE_SOFT_BLOCKED
> (mutter:8714): Bluetooth-DEBUG: killswitches state
> KILLSWITCH_STATE_SOFT_BLOCKED

I don't know about Bluetooth, but I doubt it's fatal considering that
amidst all the noise...

>       JS LOG: GNOME Shell started at Thu Feb 17 2011 11:28:03 GMT-0600 (CST)

gnome-shell actually started.