Re: Concerning the javascript code location and extensions

We would use this for changing the Information Architecture of the shell itself.
Allow me to explain myself: our biggest client is the Public Sector which is instructed to migrate from privative to free software thus becoming our goal to provide a system that facilitates this process. That is why the previous versions of our system (Nova GNU/Linux) have a Windows-like look. For our next version, planned for release on February 2013, we would like to modify the shell so it looks as Windows-like as possible, but without removing the possibility of trying the shell itself as a GDM session. In short we need two separates GDM sessions: one for the original shell and another one for our Windows-like one.
We are also concerned that the inclusion of many extensions might lower the overall system performance, since it is more _javascript_ code that will be loaded.
Currently we are looking at the Shell more as a platform for Desktop Development than as a Desktop itself.

Best regards, and thanks for caring about this,
--

Sw.E. D.H. Bahr
Nova Desktop Development Leader