Re: Alt+F2 doesn't find scripts in ~/bin

Am 30.08.2011 14:21, schrieb Rui Tiago Cação Matos:
On 30 August 2011 04:34, Ralph Hofmann<hofmann2004 arcor de>  wrote:
@gnome-shell developers: I think there should be a way to setup the PATH for
alt+F2.
It works for me. You can check the $PATH that gnome-shell sees with

$ strings /proc/`pidof gnome-shell`/environ | grep PATH

If what you want is not there you just have to find what session
initialization scripts your distro runs and put it there.

FWIW, on Fedora, I put that kind of stuff in ~/.bashrc.

Rui

Do you use the standart export command in your .bashrc?

I use gdm to start gnome, so everything should be within the scope of gnome and gnome tools.

I am on Archlinux.

Ralph