Re: Tiling progress

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Charles P. Collins IV
<thought engineer gmail com> wrote:
> I know that there are a few people working on the tiling features of
> gnome-shell, is there a central location where progress and features are
> being tracked and discussed?
>
> Cheers,
> Charles

>From what I've seen, there are a bunch of people interested, but we
couldn't really agree on what features we wanted or where they could /
should be implemented. So the upshot of that (as far as I know) is
that folks have gone about it their own way. I haven't heard much
progress from others working on it, but for my part I have a working
(if unpolished) implementation of a bluetile-like extension:

http://gfxmonk.net/shellshape/

I announced it here when I released the first version, but nobody
replied so I don't really know how other efforts are faring or how
much interest there still is.

Cheers,
 - Tim