Integrating some GTD concepts into Gnome-shell and Zeitgeist

Hi guys,

I'm a long-time gnome user who has been trying Gnome3 for a couple weeks now. Trying to understand some of its design decisions (more specifically the lack of a Desktop) I stumbled upon this blog post, which makes very solid points.

At a point the article talks about Gnome Activity Journal and Zeitgeist as the solution to some of the usercases that the old Desktop tried to address. One remains unsolved, though: the Desktop as a reminder of files that must be worked on in the future (@waitingfor files).

Me, right now I'm working on an open-source GTD app for Android. Some of the concepts we use might be useful for these kind of cases. Tasks, projects and in particular the Tickler File (which is one of the basic concepts of the GTD method and our application) very probably could be incorporated into the Shell workflow with good results.

Would you be interested in the particulars?

Kind regards,

David Prieto.