Re: gnome-shell jhbuild error during clutter

We're suspecting this is a problem with Ubuntu/Debian's patches to libtool...

If you have a recent-enough system, try:

  $ sudo find /usr/lib*/ -name "*.la" -delete
  $ rm -rf ~/gnome-shell/install
  $ jhbuild build -s glib -s glib-networking -s gconf -afc gnome-shell

That should skip glib compilation, and the two things that try to install gio modules. I also only compile gnome-shell, and not gnome-control-center, because gnome-power-manager has some issues which I'm not going to try and investigate right now.

That should at least get you started.

I also updated the RemovingLaFiles and GnomeShell wiki pages with the "find" command above... this had to be updated due to debian multiarch -- *.la files are now in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ and other places.