Staying In the Activities Area When Launching Applications

 What do you think about this idea:

When first starting my computer I usually want to start a number of applications that I do not want to autostart. So what I do is that I type "firefox" and press Enter, press the system key to get back to the activities area, type something else and press Enter, etc, etc, etc.

Would it be possible to instead of pressing Enter pressing something like Ctrl + Enter and NOT have the activities area close. So I immediately could start typing again. This behaviour could be the same for mouse clicks; Ctrl + Left Mouse Click opens an application while keeping the activities area open.

Warm regards,
Jon