Re: Live preview for all windows in alt-tab display?

Le mercredi 27 octobre 2010 à 13:10 -0700, Adam Williamson a écrit :
> Hi, folks. Just subscribing to this list to follow Shell stuff. I wanted
> to ask about this on the list rather than file a bug report, as I'm sure
> it must have been covered before, but couldn't find anything.
>
> As the GNOME Shell cheat sheet says:
>
> "Alt+Tab switches between windows. The windows are grouped by
> application and the previews of the applications with multiple windows
> are available as you click through...Previews of applications with a
> single window are only available when the Down arrow is explicitly hit."
>
> But...why? Is there any reason to show just static icons of apps with
> only a single window open on the alt-tab list? I'd find a live preview
> of every application, no matter how many windows it has open, much more
> useful. This was one of the things I liked about Compiz, when I used it.
> I tended to use it as an easy way to see if a console operation had
> finished, or if anyone had said something in a given IRC channel, etc -
> just have a quick look through the alt-tab list, then back to what I was
> doing.
Maybe because the overview mode is precisely doing this already? What
would be the point of having almost the same functionality available
from the Activities button and Alt+Tab at the same time? If you want a
keyboard shortcut to get an overview of windows, use the Logo key or Alt
+F1.

Regards