Re: Will traditional notification area be available in gnome-shell 3.0?

Hi folks

>>> Not really... ?We should be porting applications away from it as soon
>>> as possible. ?I was going to make a separate announcement about it
>>> once I got a few more things done but since you brought it up :)
What's the recommended way for the apps to implement cross-DE
notification/status GUI elements? Current notification area, no matter
how evil it is, still provides cross-DE solution. Will we have
something like that in the GNOME 3 world? I think we can not expect
from 3rd party apps to support gnome-only notification, can we?
Perhaps I missed some recent fd.o advances in that area...

Cheers,

Sergey