The Shell and Sound (Pulseaudio)

Hello,

The volume control in the current version of the Shell is not much of
an improvement from the old one, apart from the aesthetic changes. I
was trying to think of better ways to do this. Now that pulse audio is
quite common, I think it would be beneficial if the functionality that
it offered was more integrated. I was thinking for a start to list the
running audio applications in the volume control, together with a
volume slider. Keep the main volume slider but rename it Master
volume. To take this further you could add  a volume control to the
title bar of each window, perhaps to the left of the minimise button?

Thanks,

Chris