Odd behaviour whilst using a graphics tablet while the shell is running.

Hello.

I am currently running gnome shell from the testing ppa and last night I noticed that if I try to use my graphics tablet (it's a trust tb-6300, using the wizardpen driver) it's very jerky and it lags, for example if I draw a line in gimp the cursor moves and then a second or so later the line appears, I had thought it was something to do with gimp or maybe the driver, but if I close gnome shell the tablet then starts working smoothly again ?
I have been running compiz, but shut it down to run gnome shell, but I have found that whether I run compiz or just metacity the tablet runs smooth, it's only when I run gnome shell and try and use the tablet, I did also try using it with other drawing type app's (mypaint,inkscape etc) and got the same results, very jerky movement and lag.

Could it be down to the compositing of gnome shell and components (mutter/clutter etc)
For info on the driver and such like here is the launchpad page relating to it - https://launchpad.net/wizardpen
My current version of gnome shell - 2.31.2+git20100526.5b971a66-0ubuntu1~10.04~ricotz1

If it's any use my system specs are as follows -
Ubuntu lucid 64bit.
4gb ram
3.ghz cpu (amd dual core)
nvidia pci express card 9500gt (512mb ddr 3 ram)
plenty of space left on hdd (which are both sata 2)

Liking the latest version by the way, the small gui for adjusting the clock is good.

Many Thanks.

“ All of us are travellers lost,
our tickets arranged at a cost
unknown but beyond our means.