Re: Notification Area Enhancement

i know this might sound funny but..

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 23:01, Apoorva Sharma <appi2012 gmail com> wrote:
I think that the message tray is very useful, since you can look at previous notifications. However, the functionality of clicking the icon is not clear. As far as I can tell, clicking the icon removes the notification from the summary.

To make this more clear, I propose a simple addition: change the icon to a red circle with an x in it on hover to signify that clicking will close the notification.

This easy change will make the message area functionality much clearer.

Can this be implemented?

..could you give it a mockup first?