Re: Alt-F2 Ideas

I would�definitely�agree that Alt+F2 needs some attention and that Do-ifying it would be nice/useful. A lot of these ideas have already been thrown around though, see:

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/DesignerPlayground/Do-ifyingGnomeShell

And for an idea on how it would work in the Overview, see:

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/DesignerPlayground/DoInTheShell

One thing I'm not crazy about is zooming out to the Overview just to launch an app (or doing something) on the workspace I'm currently on, which is why I would like to see Do�abilities�integrated into the Alt+F2 dialog. But I think this is the direction the devs are going anyway. I believe (maybe just wishful thinking, but I thought I read something) that the line between the Alt+F2 dialog and the search in Overview would begin to blur somewhat, i.e., crossover of abilities.

P.S. This would be a cool form for the Alt+F2 dialog (may be the next UI for Do):

http://danrabbit.deviantart.com/art/Don-t-Search-Do-156748308