Alternative Overlay Proposal

Dear Gnome shell developers and fans,

I know that large changes to the overlay are kind of a little late in
the development cycle, and am not even sure that my proposal would be
overly popular... but nonetheless, I would like to offer what I think
(after considerable thought) would be a perfect interface built up
around GNOME and the GNOME Shell principles, etc...

I have detailed very briefly my ideas at:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/DesignersPlayground/AlternativeOverlay

You will notice the reuse of Docky and Gnome Activity Journal in the
mockup for convenience... but I think their usability is pretty much in
line with how I would love for GNOME Shell to behave.

Anyway... perhaps others will like this idea... and sorry if I am out of
line.

Kind Regards,
Matthew