new features???

Hi y'all
Just a query

I was wondering if any ideas for adding any new features has been excepted and being worked on?
I've seen so many great mockups on gnome live but I never see anything significant added to gnome-shell.......
Is what we have now pretty much going to be what the final release is going to be? or have any new features been
excepted for implementation in the near feature??? If so... is there a link that I don't know about that says what has been excepted/rejected???

thanx

kaddy