Re: New notification system

On 01/14/2010 12:41 PM, Ryan Peters wrote:
> 1) When changing the volume with my volume keys on my keyboard, instead
> of Notify-OSD popping up telling me what it was changed to, I got a
> transparent round-ish square in the slightly-below-the-middle of the
> screen with a volume icon and a bar telling me how high the volume is.
> Very stylish, and I assume that with the rest of Gnome Shell this is
> theme-able with CSS?

No, GNOME Shell isn't drawing that icon, gnome-settings-daemon is. It
must be that notify-osd intercepts g-s-d's handling of it somehow when
it's running, but gnome-shell kills notification-daemon/notify-osd on
startup now so it can take over the org.freedesktop.Notifications D-Bus
service (for the notifications at the bottom of the screen). So now you
see the default gnome-settings-daemon implementation.

-- Dan