Nico

De : Ryan Peters <sloshy45 sbcglobal net>
À : gnome-shell-list gnome org
Envoyé le : Ven 8 Janvier 2010, 9 h 34 min 30 s
Objet : Tested the latest build

I'm using a PPA (Launchpad repository) of Gnome-Shell testing/daily builds, and I just updated it last night. I'm working on it right now, and I have to say: fantastic job! I love it very, very much! There are, however, some things I'd like to ask about what's planned for the near future:

1) A customizable top bar? I like it how it is, but being able to put your own things on there would be great (like a mount applet or a character applet, maybe?). Is this planned for the sidebar?

2) I'm not so fond with the sidebar shoving everything to the side, especially in it's full size. Maybe it could work like a dock that auto/intelli-hides?

3) If I do the regular drag-and-drop maneuver, dragging from one application to another (no matter what it is), I can't switch to another workspace. I've tried the hot corner, alt+tab, and the Win/Meta key, but the only thing that lets me switch is my dock (AWN 0.4 Beta, btw).

4) Is there a way I can test out zeitgiest (I hope I spelled it right)? I have "zeitgiest-core" installed as an ubuntu package from the repository, and I tried running the zeitgiest commands it came with but I didn't notice anything gui-related happening.

5) Does anyone know a good replacement for the character applet (you know, where you paste in characters that show up on your panel, and clicking them copies them to the clipboard)? I like using those little hearts, those music notes, and the "e"s with those signs over them sometimes, and I don't know any other way to insert the characters (besides digging for them for minutes in the Character Map program).

6) Is the bar at the top and/or the activities overlay planned to be theme-able in the future? I don't mind it how it is now, but being easily theme-able is one of the things I love the most about Gnome 2.

Sorry for asking so much, but it would be great if anyone could answer even half of one of my questions. Thanks!