Re: Gnome-Shell Proposed Mock Up
- From: Samuel Arthur Wright Illingworth <mazz0 mazz0 com>
- To: Bob Mesibov <mesibov southcom com au>
- Cc: gnome-shell-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Gnome-Shell Proposed Mock Up
- Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 21:45:43 +0000
"The center of all user activity is application window. When designing GNOME
Shell please do not think about documents. From user perspective document is in
fact application window with some content, it is useful because user can open it
in some application window. Users most of they time do not think or care about
documents that are on they computers but are not open."
I think someone said at some point than when talking about "documents" in the context of Zeitgeist they don't mean it in the traditional sense, like a file, but a document can be anything - it /could/ be an old fashioned document file, or it could be an instance of an application, or something.
Can someone confirm if I understood that properly?
Sent from London, Eng, United Kingdom
] [Thread Prev