=?UTF-8?Q?Just_show_me_my_window?=

In current GNOME Shell design there are seven places where application can be
started or activated:
1) applications area,
2) documents area,
3) desktop,
4) Alt+Tab switcher,
5) notification area,
6) top panel active application menu,
7) top panel tray area.

For example, my instant messenger icon tend to be on six places at the same
time (1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7). This is incredibly! I start it on application area, then
switching to it on desktop or Alt+Tab, then it show me new message in
notification area, then I close it on top panel application menu. Every time I
must interact with different widgets and context.

Why so many ways to JUST SHOW ME A WINDOW? How newcomers to computers will know
what to do with all this way of interaction? I really do not understand why
GNOME Shell designers decided to keep complexity of Gnome 2 and even add some
more.

Please think of some way to join all these options to ONE. This is possible.
For example, what is the true difference between icons in applications area and
notification area? Minor. So why we need two icons and two areas?
What is the true difference between top panel active application menu and
regular window menu? Why you do not want global regular menu, but think that
top panel active application menu is OK?

The center of all user activity is application window. When designing GNOME
Shell please do not think about documents. From user perspective document is in
fact application window with some content, it is useful because user can open it
in some application window. Users most of they time do not think or care about
documents that are on they computers but are not open.

Therefore I believe that application window should be also the center of GNOME
Shell design. So I can look at all of above mentioned places from the
perspective of window. GNOME Shell should show me all this functionality in ONE,
SIMILAR, CONSISTENT WAY. This could be on my desktop, just like started
application in overlay mode so far. All other types of interaction are out of
window context and SHOULD BE AVOIDED. Application in all above mentioned places
can be shown on my desktop as window (full or thumbnail) + icon + title. No more
complexity. Even non-started application can have its thumbnail just like
documents.

Forget about started or non-started application, users do not care and do not
remember what is started or not, what is on tasklist or tray. They just want to
use it WHEN AND ONLY WHEN they need it. And this is my computer duty to start
application that is not started, and stop application that I no more use at
given time, or even install application when I need it and start it for me (just
like codec or add-on).

Current GNOME Shell design is not as revolutionary as it could be. I would be
more than happy if some kindly GNOME Shell developer look at these arguments and
give some feedback.