Re: How to access 'Sytem' and 'preferences'

On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 10:29 +0500, omer akram wrote:
> gnome shell only shows applications in it. although system settings
> apps can be searched in gnome shell but they dont apparently are
> visible in any menu. are we gonna use gnome-control-center for all
> type of settings and preferences?

Yes, the idea is to move away from having settings appear as
'applications'. The control center shell can be accessed from the user
menu on the right of the panel, and should also appear as an application
itself. (It doesn't currently - but that should be fixed.)

(There is some work ongoing to redo the control center shell to embed
the preferences within the window; not certain at this point if that
will land for GNOME 3.0 or not - if not, we'd keep on using something
like the current gnome-control-center.)

- Owen