Re: task bar in gnome shell?

Hi!

> As the discussion keeps going about this hot topic here
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1305154&page=110
> I know there was discussions about this in the mailing list but I
> don't remember a solution to this. What was the status quo?

AFAIR, there was no decision. I think it would be very useful if people
from ubuntuforums could help here:
http://mairin.wordpress.com/2010/02/10/gnome-shell-usability-test-plan/

That might lead to some results what's best from the user perspective.

> Will we have a way other than overlay and alt-tabbing to switch
> applications?

It's quite likely IMHO. Maybe now that there is an extention system,
people should simply do some experiements with task switching.

Regards,
Johannes