Drag and Drop Places / Devices

Hi Gnome-Shell users / developers,

First of all I'd like to say I really like gnome-shell. It has improved a lot since I first started to use it a few months ago. However, there is one thing that I don't like: some time ago, we could drag and drop Places icons to a desktop, just like we can with Application icons. Now this is only possible with Applications and Recent Items and not with Places anymore. Why is this? I'd really like this to be restored again. Now the Places window is opened in the currently selected desktop, which isn't always what I want.

Thanks in advance!

Kaj-Ivar

--

Kaj-Ivar van der Wijst