Re: Grid functionality needed

On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 9:50 AM, Rovanion Luckey
<rovanion luckey gmail com> wrote:

> 2010/2/16 omer akram <om26er gmail com>
>>
>> I thought compiz was a window manager;)
>
> No, Compiz is a composition-manager. In gnome often used together with the
> Metacity window manager.

I'm pretty sure it is not the case. The compiz fusion homepage
describes it as a "composite window manager" and even if the
gtk-window-decorator plugin can use metacity themes it is _NOT_
metacity.

Having the composite manager and window-manager in the same process
enables some extra effects, be it for compiz or for mutter. It also
means that compiz plugins cannot (easilly at least) be used in mutter
and vice-versa...

Regards

--
Aurélien Naldi