Focus-stealing-prevention

Hi all!

I don't know if this is a gnome-shell "intended" feature, so I don't
dare to post it as an enhancement or bug...  I hope someone could
explain it to me.

It seemed natural to me that, when instant messaging, firefox grabs
focus whenever I click on a link in empathy. The same can be said about
clicking a link in Evolution. Another example: composing a mail from
nautilus, by right-clicking on a file and selecting Send -> E-mail...
the focus remains in nautilus and the new mail appears behind nautilus.
It seems active applications never lose the focus...

As I said, it shocked me a little the first time I expierenced this
behaviour, but, thinking about it, it seems quite natural or, in some
way, quite coherent. In fact, as far as I know, the new application just
called is the next one in Alt+Tab sequence... so it is easy to access to
it...

Is it this way how gnome-shell is supposed to work? Is this what is
called "focus-stealing-prevention"? Gnome feature? Works this way in
every situation??

Thank you!

Ramon.