Re: Move across desktops

On 02/06/2010 02:04 PM, William Jon McCann wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Kaj-Ivar van der Wijst
<kaj-ivar vanderwijst com>  wrote:
Hi everyone!

I've been using lately the new way of navigating through the desktops, with
the horizontal scrollbar instead of an overview of all the available
desktops. I think this is a nice feature, even if I don't use it all the
time. However, I think we need a better way of scrolling, better than having
to click and drag the small scrollbar on the bottom of the screen.

I'd suggest something like the iPod/iPhone interface way of scrolling: just
click and drag the whole screen, and when you release the mouse (stop
scrolling), it just moves a little further to simulate more real scrolling.
We could use this horizontally AND vertically, so we can not only use
desktops aligned from left to right, but also vertically stacked desktops, a
bit like the 'desktops overview' where you can see all the desktops at once.

I hope you understand my idea.
It would certainly be interesting to try this and see how well it works.

Jon