Re: getting an error while compiling gjc..

On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 19:41 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
I'm having a little trouble, so I thought I would ask on the mailing list.  I'm going through the gnome-shell jhbuidl build and I have a problem in the configure stage of gjs.  Basically, it complains that I don't have a "firefox-js.pc" file.  Now from googling around this seems related to xulrunner.  I currently have xulrunner-1.9.2 on ubuntu lucid.  But it doesn't seem to include firefox-js.pc.  I couldn't find any real references to it on the net that makes sense.

What is the proper method to get firefox-js.pc?  I have a mozilla-js.pc, but if I symlink it I have issues with it needing mozilla-nspr which seems to be a different ball of wax.

Any help so that I can keep up with gnome-shell builds would be appreciated.
I just encountered this error today, but the "mozilla-nspr" error has kept me from compiling for a month. I always had the mozilla-nspr error message appear while building the "gnome-shell" module, but this new one does occur much earlier in the build process. Out of curiousity, are you by chance using the Firefox Daily PPA? I'm pretty sure that's where my version of xulrunner came from, and I'm wondering if it may have moved some files around.

---------- There's no such thing as a free lunch. -- Milton Friendman