Re: Finding and Reminding, tech issues, 3.0 and beyond

Dnia 2010-04-16, pią o godzinie 15:17 +0100, Rui Tiago Cação Matos
pisze:
> >> http://blogs.gnome.org/alexl/2009/06/24/data-about-data/
> >
> > If I understand correctly you are using separate file to store
> metadata.
> > What is behind this decision? Why don't you use VFS Extended
> attributes?
>
> Read that blog post's comments. Search for "xattr".

Oh. Thanks for pointing something that should be obvious to me. :)
I did catch up.

Nevertheless I would be very disappointed if I would take a file to my
home on my PenDrive, and realize that I lost my file tags etc. while I
got there.

On the other side, I would be pretty amazed if I would take a directory
home and it opened its window in the same place on screen with files
laid out in it the same way, with the same tags I left them at work. :D