UX feedback after few days

Hello.

After using gnome-shell for a few days I think it's great!

And as there always is something to improve I would like to share some
observations.

1. Right click menus are hardly discoverable. I had no clue how to add
apps to favourites until I read cheat sheet. I even resorted to editing
GConf keys directly.
I would suggest small pin in the corner.
Or making the application name on the icon separate clickable area, that
shows the dropdown menu.

2. All applications menu is hard to use with apps that have longer
names. With apps like "Opera" it is no problem, but if I see
"Editor ..." I really have no idea what the app does.

3. Bottom notification area telepathy chat client is great. But I think
it should be provided by separate application utilising gnome-shell
provided infrastructure. It may be a killer feature, so it may be a
mandatory (but switchable) dependency.
And it does not play nice with Empathy. It eats messages before they
reach Empathy, so I have no chance of seeing them later in Empathy chat
history.

--
Tomasz Sterna
Instant Messaging & EDI Consultant